Pex Lives 34: The Crusade

The Pex Lives boys are back with The Crusade. And also with "then-current events," which I don't actually know when refers to. Dallas? Brexit? The Crusades themselves? Listen here and find out. They also apparently talk about the classic westerns Shane, Johnny Guitar, and The Searchers

Also, apparently Jack uploaded himself reading Canto 25 of Dante's Inferno a few days ago without explanation or mentioning it anywhere. Well we're mentioning it here. You can listen here.

Comments

Brian Block 7 months, 1 week ago

Hi, Phil. This is off-topic and can be deleted after answering, I just don't know how to email you directly: I supported your Neoreaction Kickstarter at a $50 level meant to incorporate the full supply of e-books (as well as a physical copy of Neoreaction). Haven't received links to your other e-books. May I?

Thanks!

dm 7 months, 1 week ago

Oh god. I never thought I'd disagree with James about something like this. Rocket is the best salad leaf there is. I feel hurt and betrayed. Almost stopped listening.

James Murphy 7 months, 1 week ago

It's cool, mate. I forgive you your terrible taste in salad.

Tim B. 7 months, 1 week ago

I'm with dm, the thing is, with other lettuce leaves you might as well be eating crunchy water. Never had you down for a fan of the offensively mediocre James.

James Murphy 7 months, 1 week ago

Iceberg beats Rocket definitively for texture and kale is simply far, far better tasting. I like my salad a little less pungent. If I wanted pepper, or, God help me, mustard, I would add it to my own taste.

I'm very open minded in most cases, prepared to hear the other side's point of view, but this burgeoning pro-rocket movement chills me to the bone.

Kevin Burns 7 months, 1 week ago

I love what's happening here. Yes, yes, James is terrible.

dm 7 months, 1 week ago

I didn't want to believe it, Kevin, but you've been right all these years

Jack Graham 7 months, 1 week ago

You bastard James. You utter bastard.

dm 7 months, 1 week ago

I beg of you, please give rocket another chance. Perhaps not in a salad, as I agree it lacks crunch and texture. Get some spaghetti, olive oil and garlic, perhaps some parmesan, stir it together with a huge amount of rocket and let that peppery, mustardy flavour win you over.

James Murphy 7 months ago

Well, I'm 100% onboard with spaghetti, olive oil, garlic, and parmesan. Next time it's my turn to cook (once a month or so, because my Mrs is a professional and is apt to laugh in my face or immediately take over when I'm in the kitchen) I promise to think about considering giving it a try.

dm 7 months, 1 week ago

PL quote of the year "First, they came for the domestic abusers- good."

Kit Power 7 months ago

I think this was one of your best shows yet. Particularly enjoyed the Euro and gun control conversations. And I'm 100% with James - rocket works great in a sandwich, but in salad it's unforgivable.