Portrait of a Monday

I probably could have found something interesting to bang out here this week. But instead I spent all day signing and packing books for the Kickstarter.

The books to sign. $2500 worth of books (and that's bought at cost). Fifteen boxes, each with 24-32 books.

A box of Troughons, with the cover in sexy matte finish.

And the main event.

Fun fact - my signature that I use for legal purposes is just three vague scrawls that most people say look like three ws, and so I spent a while figuring out a new signature that looked vaguely like my name for this. These are various attempts where I went "goddammit, that P looks like an R" and "that S looks like an I don't even fucking know." Handwriting was not my strong subject in school.

Piles and piles of books. The ones in the back are signed and ready to pack. At time of posting, this table and two others are fully covered in books, and I'm about 1/3 done.

Comments

Daru 3 years, 2 months ago

Wow - big salute to you sir! So excited about seeing a glimpse of those gorgeous covers and am full of anticipation about receiving my book once it ships!

J Mairs 3 years, 2 months ago

" so I spent a while figuring out a new signature that looked vaguely like my name for this. "

It looks more like you're being attacked by the Silence...

Jezza 3 years, 2 months ago

Hi Phil, I'm due to get a shipment of these sent to me but need you to hold off until I get a new permanent address. What's the best way to organise this with you?

Chris 3 years, 2 months ago

I expect your signature will slowly change throughout the process, so that when I receive my books it's going to look like they were all signed by a different person. If anyone asks, I'll say you regenerated.

jane 3 years, 2 months ago

p.s.

that's a great way to sign, especially if a personal message is to follow.

sleepyscholar 3 years, 2 months ago

As one of the great semi-anonymous, who has been devouring Hartnell for the last week, and thoroughly enjoying it (even the recurring idiosyncratic "fourty" that must, surely, be your editor rather than you?), I feel I should reassure you that your labours are greatly appreciated -- even by those of us who are not directly involved (my books shipped straight from CreateSpace).

Philip Sandifer 3 years, 2 months ago

Shoot me an e-mail. snowspinner at gmail.

Froborr 3 years, 2 months ago

Thank you. I saw this Tuesday morning, and Tuesday evening I updated my Kickstarter FAQ to say I'm not signing any books.

Lo-Fi Explosion 3 years, 2 months ago

On an unsigned note, the regular, new Volume 1's have started hitting the Britain in the post. Yay! It's so FAT!