Shabcast 37 - 'The Lodger' & 'Closing Time' Commentaries

Shabcast 37 is here

Waaaaay back in May, Daniel and I got together to record commentaries on 'The Lodger' and 'Closing Time', both by Gareth Roberts.  We did it pretty much for shits and giggles, but here it is anyway, for the listening pleasure of anyone who wants to hear us moaning on and on and on about the Moffat era one last time.  Think of it as the end of an era.  In more ways than one, I'm afraid, as this will probably be the last Shabcast.  The format seems dead.  Too bound up with Doctor Who.  But I shall continue podcasting with Daniel, Kit, and James as Wrong With Authority, and may create a new solo podcast at some time in the future.

By the way, the musical interlude in the middle is Mona Haydar's Hijabi (Wrap my Hijab), suggested by Shana.

Comments

mx_mond 1 month ago

I really like your podcasting so look forward to further installments of WWA and everything else you might record in the future.

On that note, is Drunken Whocast something that’s going to continue or is it going away along with the Shabcast?

Jack Graham 1 month ago

We definitely talk about doing more Drunken Whocast, so... maybe?

DC 1 month ago

Hasn't been any more of WWA since August, no?

Jack Graham 1 month ago

We have a full WWA on 'Birth of a Nation' in the can, as well as a couple of commentaries (a Consider the Reagan and the first episode of Carter Before the Horse), all in the editing process. Probably all arriving fairly soon.

David Faggiani 1 month ago

Thanks for this, look forward to listening to it.

I can honestly say that the best episodes of the Shabcast have changed the way I think about podcasts, and what they can do, and I think some of the discussions you've had on the show have been remarkable - being funny, informed, opinionated and unique.

I've still got a massive soft spot for the 'Dracula' one, but I could pick several favourites. I've listened to many of them more than once, and I think you should be dead proud of them.

I hope the next step is either many more podcasts, on equally varied and fascinating themes (and featuring old and new collaborators) and/or a Radio 4 pilot :) Good luck with your next stage.

Jack Graham 1 month ago

'Preciated.

Christopher Brown 4 weeks, 1 day ago

Moan about it? Why not celebrate it as an explosion of creativity and joy? :D :D :D

(Well, except Series 7, and Toby Whithouse, and Victory of the Daleks. Even as a Moffat era fan, I can't joke about liking those for the sake of trolling you guys.)