Sunday Eggs and Bangers

In a very special pocast (albeit one recorded a month ago) Jane and James discuss Steve Thompson's Doctor Who episodes. At length. Now, mind you, this was at midnight over here in the States, and I was well past my bedtime.  Whereas James was bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at 6am over in the UK.  So I would definitely go James's version of the event, because my memory is hazy on the point.  I think I kept talking about death.  Yeah.  That seems likely.

Grab the episode here.

And feel free to mock us to the high heavens in the comments.  :)

Comments

ReNeilssance 9 months, 2 weeks ago

I'm not going to mock any of you lovely folk, but I'd be curious to know in what country they use the phrase 'eggs and bangers'. 'Sunday Roast', surely?

Jane 9 months, 2 weeks ago

It is a bit of a hodge-podge phrase, I admit. But I like the ring to it. And it's protein, not carbs.

Leon 9 months, 2 weeks ago

"albeit one recorded a month ago"
That resonated. I've been sitting on an episode-in-need-of-a-good-edit for a month or so now.
"As life permits" as my comrade in podcasting puts it.

Prandeamus 9 months, 2 weeks ago

Re: Amazing Grace. Words by John Newton, not Wesley. Just me being picky, because I enjoyed the discussion of grace vs mercy.

Tom Marshall 9 months, 2 weeks ago

And he remained a slaver after writing it, I think, which is in and of itself a whole other can of worms.

Still, not so tainted a tune that the Doctor is above playing it on electric guitar in "The Zygon Invasion"... with grace and mercy being a key theme of that story, too. And maybe part of why it moves us is the flawed nature of the man that composed it.

Anton B 9 months, 2 weeks ago

Bangers n mash is, I believe, the phrase you're looking for. Though Sunday roast is probably more contextually correct. Fantastic podcast guys. I thought I was the only one who didn't hate 'Black Spot' and have always put that down to Lily Cole. Who, btw, was great in The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus but is sorely underused here.

Jane 9 months, 2 weeks ago

I need the eggs for protein. Eggs, Bangers, and Mash? But we didn't have Kevin this go 'round...

Mike 9 months, 2 weeks ago

Loved this episode, too. Although it left me kind of scared to get into a serious conversation about death with Jane!