The Nattering II/One Week Left in the Eruditorum Press Doctor Who Poll

First off, because I forgot to announce it last week due to going "oh shit it's our one year anniversary I should do a thing," there's a new not-quite-a-Pex-Lives out, The Nattering II, featuring James talking with Jack, Daniel, Kit Power, Gene Mays, and Kim Karr. Get that here.

Second, there's a week left to vote in the Eruditorum Press Doctor Who Poll. We've already got 296 entries (though I invalidated the one that voted for the TV Movie nineteen times followed by The Unicorn and the Wasp) and 706 separate stories in the tally (though there's probably a few duplicates in there to clean up), but that can easily grow. And while first and last place are probably set in stone at this point, there's still loads that's close. Submit your vote here. Polls close at the end of September.

Comments

Jack Graham 7 months ago

You invalidated my ballot???

James Murphy 7 months ago

You've been wrangling with the Stupid Bloody Labour Party, Jack, you should be more than used to it.

Wack'd 7 months ago

We are gonna see all 706, right? With their + and - counts? It's not nearly as much fun if we don't get the midground as well as the highs and lows. I wanna know what came in 353rd, dangit.

John G. Wood 7 months ago

And then publish the results as a book series. I'm already looking forward to the bonus essays announced for The Eruditorum Press Doctor Who Poll Results volume 3.

Sean Dillon 7 months ago

Personally I'm more interested by the commentary by Jack in vol 7 where he claims they're all terrible and we should only watch The Sunmakers and Paradise Towers.

Pôl Jackson 7 months ago

"[...]one that voted for the TV Movie nineteen times followed by The Unicorn and the Wasp". Damn that's brilliant. Why didn't I think of that?

Kiki Basco 7 months ago

What's wrong with The Unicorn and the Wasp???

Aylwin 7 months ago

It's silly!

Actually, I think what makes it work for the joke is that it's not awful, just a lightweight, disposable non-classic. That's what makes it a comic anticlimax after nineteen repetitions of the same legendarily dire hate-object.

Aylwin 7 months ago

I actually presented that "It's silly!" within angle-bracketed "Graham Chapman in general's uniform" element tags. Since these do not appear in the posted comment, this has apparently been parsed as valid HTML. Does that mean that that text is actually formatted as the words of Graham Chapman in a general's uniform? Have I accidentally conjured the shade of a dead Python? Am I meddling with things I wot not of? (I mean, given that computer coding is involved, the answer to that question is definitely yes, but how many things I wot not of am I meddling with?)

Tim B. 7 months ago

Isn't that crossing the line between known & unknown unknowns?

CJM 6 months, 4 weeks ago

706 stories. I'm hoping every TV story has received at least one vote both ways.