Saturday Waffling (August 29th, 2015)

Those inclined towards more of me nattering on about the Hugos will enjoy the video blog I just did for the wonderful Aric Clark. Embedded below.

Those who want to talk about something different, well, let's do the Hannibal finale, which airs properly tonight (next week UK, I believe), although I do the same thing I do with Doctor Who and buy the iTunes Season Pass then torrent the episodes.

Anyway, I thought it was brilliant. Fun Shabcast with Jack coming where we talk about it and many other things. How'd you like it, if you watched it?

Comments

Evan Forman 1 year, 6 months ago

I'm going to steer clear of specific details since it hasn't aired properly yet in most territories. But I do notice that Bryan Fuller is so used to having his shows killed off prematurely that the past two season finales have ended with this 50/50 split between something that could (with some "he knew exactly where to cut you" style magic wand-ing) continue on for another series or something that serves as a definitive ending to the show entirely. And what a fucking ending. About 24 hours since I watched it, my heart is still broken and Love Crime is sitll on repeat.

camestrosfelapton 1 year, 6 months ago

A weird week for stealth-facsism (or not so stealthy fascism).
1. Australian government literally intended to said black-uniformed paramilitaries on to the streets of Melbourne to check the papers of foreign looking people.

2. Pinochet's torture-party boats docks in London as a tourist attraction http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/aug/29/pinochet-torture-chile-ship

It is like we are living on a non-Culture world in an Iain M Banks Culture novel - which I suppose we are...

camestrosfelapton 1 year, 6 months ago

Oh! And the Audio book of “John Scalzi Is Not A Very Popular Author And I Myself Am Quite Popular,” written by Alexandra Erin doing an impression of Vox D and read by John Scalzi doing an impression of Vox D is up - for anybody who didn't know (and you probably all did know but just in case you didn't)

Neo Tuxedo 1 year, 6 months ago

Only until around AD 2100, according to Wikipedia.

Daru 1 year, 6 months ago

Cheers for the video, enjoyed that and still feeling good from having been part of the Hugo vote and the results.

Had a good weekend so far, at my storytelling mentoring group yesterday the story I told about how comic books have acted as the seed for most of the inspiration in my creativity, effectively ended up as an unexpected pitch for a possible Storytelling & Comic Books workshop next year - so that's fun!

Not seen any Hannibal, but aim to catch up on it, so can't comment on the finale.

Chicanery 1 year, 6 months ago

The Hannibal finale could have done with a bit more kissing and Molly but otherwise it was near perfect. Really glad I got onto the show as early as I did, the payoff has been amazing.

Comment deleted 1 year ago

fitjackets 5 months ago

Getting much knowledge to read your blog posts. Such a wonderful article wrote by the blogger. Great Job!

Comment deleted 4 months, 1 week ago