Got an interesting batch of reviews up for you tomorrow, including a number of candidates in Best Dramatic Presentation.
Here's a couple of novels that got mentioned more than once in last week's thread. I'd love reviews of any of them if you've read them - send those to snowspinner at gmail:
- Ken Liu's The Grace of Kings
- N.K. Jemisin's The Fifth Season
- Terry Pratchett's The Shepherd's Crown
- Jo Walton's The Just City and/or The Philosopher Kings
- Naomi Novik's Uprooted
- Cixin Liu's The Dark Forest
- Kim Stanley Robinson's Aurora
- Kazuo Ishiguro's The Buried Giant
- Aliette de Bodard's The House of Shattered Wings
- Elizabeth Bear's Karen Memory
- Zen Cho's Sorcerer to the Crown
- Max Gladstone's Last First Snow
- Joanne Harris's Gospel of Loki
Meanwhile, tell me of good and Hugo-worthy short stories you've read. I'm monstrously behind on this category - I've not even gotten to the eligible Charlie Jane Anders or to pouring over China Miéville's Three Moments of an Explosion to pick something. (Actually I'll probably just read whichever one Jack tells me is best and nominate it, and save the rest for later.)
Ooh, and I should see what, if anything, of Trigger Warning is eligible.
Check back tomorrow for reviews.
Share on Facebook