Eruditorum Presscast: Jack Graham (Neoreaction a Basilisk 2)

This week I sit down with Eruditorum Press's resident gothic Marxist, Jack Graham, and have... basically exactly the conversation you'd expect us to have about Neoreaction a Basilisk. Horror philosophy, Marxism aplenty, Moldbug's failed Marxism, eschatology. We get the Hugos in there too. It's a doozy - as fine and entertaining a slice of Sandifer/Graham as you'll listen to. Well, "slice" is perhaps a bit dainty for a two-and-a-half hour podcast. But you get the point.

At the time of posting, incidentally, we're $23 away from Jack getting brought on for an essay. And while Jack is of course too Marxist to ever vulgarly advertise, I'm perfectly willing to admit that I'm giving him a healthy chunk of the money between this stretch goal and "Theses on Trump." So if you want to corrupt Jack's principles with filthy lucre, this is probably your last chance. Soon I'll be pocketing it all again so I can give it to lizard people.

Anyway, here's the podcast.

Comments

Aylwin 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Surely the money all belongs to lizard people anyway? I mean, if it's dollars it has the eye in the pyramid on it and threads in it and stuff, and if you're turning it into sterling to give to Jack it'll all have pictures of the Queen on it, and, well, need I say more?

Smell the coffee, sheeple!

Aylwin 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Doing a double-take at the bit about secessionism always being a right-wing/reactionary movement. Where does that leave decolonisation?

Jack Graham 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Secession isn't national liberation, it just thinks it is.

Phil Sandifer 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Although it's worth noting that Alex once, for his own amusement, recorded a rousingly xenophobic number about crushing the foreigner scum and the preservation of the green and pleasant homeland, with the catch being that the homeland was specifically Endor and the singers were Ewoks, just to try to see exactly where the line in all of this was.

I don't think he found it, but the song was hilarious.

Aylwin 10 months, 3 weeks ago

So what's the distinction? Or to put it another way, what definition of "secession" are you using here?

falsifiable 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Couldn't tell if you were joking about requesting such a thing in the comments, but I would buy a book featuring a collection of Jack Graham's essays. Obviously.

Kit Power 10 months, 2 weeks ago

Second the vote for a Book of Jack. Obviously.

Mike 10 months, 2 weeks ago

+1 for book

(Sorry to be a straggler - it takes me a while to listen to podcasts sometimes)

JSmith1123 9 months, 1 week ago

These are interesting terms but I'de would still like to use another stuff because this thing would not be able to help me a lot in my writing stuff and I prefer to use the http://www.topwritersreview.com/reviews/essayshark/ that helps me the following stuff in learning.

Comment deleted 3 months, 3 weeks ago