For Episode 99, Daniel and I talk about the Sines vs. Kessler trial (the civil trial of the Unite the Right organisers etc), the way in which the far-right (including the defendants) have conceptualised it, the long-awaited aftermath in the wake of the verdict (which dropped just before Thanksgiving), and the reactions and attitudes to the whole thing among the far-right, including lots of inexplicably buoyant Cantwell lunacy.
For Episode 100, Daniel has prepared a bevvy of clips of Kyle Rittenhouse, the Kenosha
Killer Kid, pre and post verdict. Compare and contrast his tears on the stand to those he cried in the police interview room. Compare and contrast his claimed trauma with his concerns – as expressed to his interesting Mom – immediately post-‘incident’. Compare and contrast his attitude on Tucker Carlson’s and Charlie Kirk’s respective shows, to his cheeky antics as a guest on another show that Daniel has discovered in the course of his listening…
This is not an episode calibrated to fill you with the Christmas spirit, to be honest. But there is a point to this. It demonstrates something, which will become evident as you listen, and be developed next episode.
Take care, everyone. We love you.
Please consider donating to help us make the show and stay independent. Patrons get exclusive access to one full extra episode a month.
Daniel’s Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/danielharper
Jack’s Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=4196618
IDSG Twitter: https://twitter.com/idsgpod
Daniel’s Twitter: @danieleharper
Jack’s Twitter: @_Jack_Graham_
IDSG on Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/i-dont-speak-german/id1449848509?ls=1
Notes for 99:
Cold Open — Lose to the Crying Nazi
Sines v. Kessler docket
Unicorn Riot, Unite The Right On Trial in Charlottesville
Bottom of the Barrel: Charlottesville Trial Defense Attorneys Spread Antisemitism
- Joshua Smith, one of the attorneys, is representing Matthew Heimbach, Matthew Parrott, and the Traditionalist Worker Party, a neo-nazi group that helped put on Unite the Right in 2017. Calling in remotely to cross-examine a witness on November 11, Smith went on a meandering digression about so-called ‘ethnostates’. He claimed that expert witness and sociologist, Peter Simi, was ‘anti-white’ because he wouldn’t address Smith’s view that China and Singapore are ‘ethnostates’, and falsely said that white people are responsible for most advances in civilization and technology.
- When trying to confuse jurors about sociological concepts like in-groups and out-groups, Smith asked Simi if Hillary Clinton was white supremacist, and soon after he told Judge Norman Moon that cross-examinations can be “conversations” with witnesses, before sheepishly admitting his scattered tangents were “trying to keep it lively for everybody.”
- Another attorney in the Charlottesville lawsuit trial, Cincinnati-based, James E. Kolenich, is an antisemitic far-right Catholic. Kolenich told the Cincinnati Enquirer in 2018 that his motives in this case were simple: “My willingness to get involved is to oppose Jewish influence in society.” He questioned the accuracy of long-accepted scholarship about the death toll of the Holocaust: “You can’t call the Jew Holocaust into question, right? […] Christians really shouldn’t fall for that. The Holocaust is the execution, the crucifixion of Christ. The most important event in human history is His Resurrection, not, this Jewish Holocaust even if it did happen.”
- Kolenich is part of a Catholic splinter tendency that rejects 20th century reforms barring antisemitic theology, telling the Cincannati Enquirer, “The last such council [to modify the Catholic faith] was Vatican II or as we call it, Vatican Jew.” He believes all popes since Vatican II are illegitimate “anti-popes.”
From Unicorn Riot Day 16 Rush Transcript
- Spencer: I want to refer you now to the “rant from hell”…it was characterized by Ms. Dunn as a speech… do you remember the context of that rant?… tell us a little about the context…
- Kessler: the only thing I recall before that…
- Spencer: where was it, who was there
- Kessler: Somewhere in the countryside… in an afterparty, at a house, we went in a room to discuss, people were panicking after the car attack
- Spencer: how many people were there?
- Kessler: 10 or less
- Spencer: would you characterize that as a speech…?
- Kessler: I think ‘rant’ is applicable
- Spencer: it was a private conversation is a private room… how did that outburst reach the light of day?
- Kessler: someone recorded it and released it to Milo Yiannopoulos
- Spencer: did you record it?
- Kessler: no
- Spencer: who recorded it…does Dave Reilly ring a bell?
- Kessler: yeah, thats the guy
- Spencer: is Milo…is he a fan of Richard Spencer…?
- Kessler: it was meant to embarrass you, I think…
- Spencer: when that was released… in the fall of 2019…does that sound right?
- Kessler: i don’t recall
- Spencer: in the tweet where you say “Richard Spencer is a sociopathic narcissist”… when did you determine I was a sociopathic narcissist?
- Kessler: …I remember the first time I met you, you just made my skin crawl… you were slimy, you seemed inhuman, like a robot or a serial killer…
Jonathan M. Katz, Auf weidersehen, alt-right
C-ville Writers, Payback Time
Neil Kumar at VDARE, Sines V. Kessler: The First Amendment No Longer Applies to Whites
Macy Moors CBS19. Heather Heyer’s Mom Reacts to Partial Verdict
Molly’s Trial Coverage Day One Jury Selection
Day Two Jury Selection
Day Three Jury Selection
Day Four Opening Arguments
Day Five Plaintiff’s first two witnesses
Emily Gorcenski and Molly Conger. White Supremacists Have Returned to Charlottesville in Another Attempt to ‘Unite the Right’
Christopher Cantwell opening statement
Molly Day Six Trial Coverage Devin cross-examination
Molly Day Eight Trial Coverage Heimbach, Lipstadt, Kline video deposition
Molly Day Nine Trial Coverage Kline video deposition continued, Spencer testifies, cross by Cantwell.
Molly Day Ten Trial Coverage Cantwell cross of Spencer continued, Ike Baker deposition from LoS, Michael Hill of LoS, Thomas Baker (plaintiff) testimony
Molly Day Eleven Trial Coverage Dillon Hopper deposition, Michael Tubbs, Plaintiff Marissa Blair, Nazi cheering session, Cantwell cross of Blair, More Tubbs, Deposition testimony of Thomas Rousseau, deposition testimony from Vasillos Pistolis.
Molly Day Twelve Trial Coverage Plaintiff Chelsea Alvarado, Matt Parrot, Cantwell and Parrot teaching Nazi humor to the jury, Parrot rebuttal by defense attorneys.
Molly Day Thirteen Trial Coverage Plaintiff Marcus Martin, Plaintiff Seth Wispelwey, defendant Nathan Damigo, Michael Chesny deposition.
- Possible broken thread, coverage begins here. Schoep rebuttal continued, Kessler testimony, Spencer cross of Kessler, Cantwell cross of Kessler. Cantwell called. Spencer cross of Cantwell.
Molly Day Seventeen Trial Coverage Cantwell cross continued, Cantwell crosses himself, Daley video deposition, Brad Griffen video deposition, Cantwell Conspiracy Theories, Plaintiffs rest, Rule 50s proposed, Rule 50s denied, Spencer defense, Bloch impeachment of Spencer, Campbell for Fields rests, Kolenich on behalf of Kessler, Damigo, IE, rests, Cantwell defense, Bloch cross of Cantwell (again), flurry of pre-5pm activity.
Molly Day Nineteen Trial Coverage Closing arguments
Molly Day Twenty Trial Coverage Basically nothing, jury deliberations.
Molly Day Twenty-One Trial Coverage More jury deliberations.
Notes for 100:
It Could Happen Here November 10 2021 The Rittenhouse Trial and Law Stuff
LegalEagle Kyle RIttenhouse: Murder or Self-Defense?
Daily Wire on Facebook, Released Video Shows Police Interrogation of Kyle Rittenhouse
Chicago Tribune, Kyle Rittenhouse Police Interview Video
- Rittenhouse said that his attorneys at the time, Wood and John Pierce — who now represents the “QAnon Shaman” — had “started raising funds without my family’s permission” after his arrest. “They went on to fight an extradition [to Wisconsin] using a novel argument, saying I was in a militia so John Pierce can get paid, Lin Wood can get paid and grow his business and profit, apparently,” Rittenhouse said. But they lost that battle, and Rittenhouse was moved from a juvenile facility in Illinois to an adult facility in Wisconsin. According to Rittenhouse, Wood and Pierce were not even aware he’d been moved. He later fired both and hired new legal representation.
Kyle Rittenhouse on Charlie Kirk’s show with Jack Posobiec
Kyle Rittenhouse on Banfield for NewsNation
You Are Here, Chillin’ WIth That One Kid From Kenosha
Angry White Men on the You Are Here hosts
Kyle Rittenhouse Trial Day One
Kyle Rittenhouse Trial Day Two
Kyle Rittenhouse Trial Day Three
Kyle Rittenhouse Trial Day Four
Kyle Rittenhouse Trial Day Five
Kyle Rittenhouse Trial Day Six
Kyle Rittenhouse Trial Day Seven Part One
Kyle Rittenhouse Trial Day Seven Part Two
Kyle Rittenhouse Trial Day Eight
Kyle Rittenhouse Trial Day Nine
Kyle Rittenhouse Trial Day Ten
Kyle Rittenhouse Trial Day Eleven
Kyle Rittenhouse Trial Day Twelve
Kyle Rittenhouse Trial Day Thirteen
Kyle Rittenhouse Trial Day Fourteen